The following statements apply to all OllyDbg versions from 1.00 to 1.10 at the moment when I uploaded archives to the Internet ("original OllyDbg"). They do not cover plugins developed or distributed by third parties.
I guarantee that original OllyDbg:
- never tries to spy processes other than being debugged, or act as a network client or server, or send any data to any other computer by any means (except for remote files specified by user), or act as a Trojan Horse of any kind;
- neither reads nor modifies the system Registry unless explicitly requested, and these requested modifications are limited to the following 6 keys:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Open with OllyDbg
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\Open with OllyDbg\command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\Open with OllyDbg
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\Open with OllyDbg\command
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Auto
- does not create, rewrite or modify any files in system directories;
- does not modify, unless explicitly requested, any executable file or DLL on any computer, including OllyDbg itself;
- logs your debugging activities only on your explicit request (except for the File History kept in OllyDbg.ini and *.udd files with debug information). Even more, I guarantee that without your allowance OllyDbg will create or modify files only in the directory where it resides;
- (last but by no means least) contains no apparent or hidden „nag" screens forcing you to register this shareware, nor any features that limit the functionality of OllyDbg after any period of time.
Although I've checked the original archive with several virus
please do not assume that your distribution of OllyDbg is free from
or Trojan horses camouflaged as OllyDbg or support routine. I accept no
responsibility for damages of any kind caused to your computer(s) by
virus or Trojan horse attached to any of the files included into
or to archive as a whole, or for damages resulting from the
applied to OllyDbg by third persons.